If you were to take a “youngest looking skin” poll worldwide, you’d arrive at the same obvious answer – Asians look the youngest.
And yet it’s 2018, no one needs to sail halfway across the world (risking wind storms and Titanic sort of icebergs) to get their beauty secret ingredients – because these ingredients are only a click away thanks to the internet.
Sadly, when going through some skin detox tea reviews online, you’ll be surprised that those claiming to be the best detox tea for weight loss and skin rejuvenation omit some of these ingredients, or use them in sparing quantities so that you’ll need to drink tons of these boxed up teas just to reap their detox tea benefits.
It’s all about marketing and ensuring you keep coming back for more because even meal replacement shakes are guilty of this. In this article, you’ll be learning 3 of the best tea detox homemade recipes for radiant skin, using these well-known ingredients.
Most of these ingredients are readily available in grocery stores, (and quite affordable too) so sit tight and read on.
Note, some of these ingredients will make for really great detox tea weight-loss diets, so they’re multifunctional and you’ll have no need to buy a boxed-up detox tea separately that promises “magical fat shedding”.
Everyday Detox Tea Recipes for Radiant Skin
Turmeric & Green Tea Detox Recipe
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you must have come across the undeniable benefits of green tea. And it’s great. Unfortunately, marketers often make it seem like it’s the death currieries, so most realists tend to shy away from it.
That said, combining green tea with a not-so-secret skin ingredient for glowing skin, turmeric, works wonders when used constantly. Here’s what you’ll need
Ingredients for One Cup
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 8 ounces of water
- 1/8 teaspoon of black cayenne pepper (helps your body absorb Turmeric faster)
- 1 teabag of green tea
- 1 tablespoon of natural honey or a few drops of stevia
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- Boil your 8 ounces of water in a saucepan,
- Put the turmeric and black pepper in the boiled water. Let it cook for just a minute, then turn off your burner,
- Turn your mixture into a mug and out your green tea bag and cinnamon stick,
- Let your drink cool off a bit, before you add in your sweetener.
Burdock Root and Lemon Tea Recipe
Way before modern medicine, burdock root was used to cure liver diseases and give kidneys a boost in flushing out toxins. So for years, ancient folks have been practicing detox.
These days it’s only fair that burdock root be a major ingredient when making any detox tea, but it isn’t.
Note, some boxed-up teas, like fit detox tea, use burdock root. Thing is, you just won’t be able to tell in what quantity, it could be too small so that a whole pack would be ineffective, ensuring you go back for more. Also note, burdock is pretty strong so you can be flexible in following the instructions.
Ingredients for One Cup of Burdock Root and Lemon Tea
- 2 tablespoons of unroasted burdock root,
- 1/2 a medium-sized lemon (to neutralize the taste of the burdock root),
- Boil the burdock root in 8 ounces of water in a saucepan
- Pour it into a cup and let it cool down to room temperature
- Put your sweetener and squeeze your lemon into the cup and voila.
Rule of thumb, sweeteners, and lemon are most effective when they’re put in warm or cold, but not hot water.
Dandelion, Mint a weight-loss Ginger Tea Recipe
Dandelions grow everywhere, most times where they’re not wanted. Turns out these flowers are great diuretics.
You’ll be using the roots in these recipes and they’re quite bitter so you’ll be adding mint and sweetener for extra taste, and ginger to boost your metabolism.
Ingredients (for one cup)
- 2 teaspoons of dried dandelion (rinse the earth off freshly picked roots, chop them into even pieces and sundry)
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger, or 1 teaspoon of ground ginger * Mint leaves
- Boil the dandelion root for 15 mins
- Add the ginger plus mint leaves and let them simmer on very low heat for 3 mins
- Pour into your cup and sweetener and you’re good to go.
Wrapping It Up
If you go through some of the best weight loss, meal replacement shakes and skin detox reviews, like 310 shake reviews, you’ll see that the best meal replacement shake and best detox tea for weight loss follow a very specific formula.
Detoxifier plus metabolism booster equal weight loss and healthy glow
The recipes you’ve seen here follow this very simple formula, so test for yourself and see how much more effective your homemade recipe is compared to prepacked detox teas.